Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
205 N 21st Street, Opelika, AL 36801-5447
Phone: 334-745-6293 | Fax: 334-745-7695 | 56 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn!
With spacious guest rooms and a new breakfast room, our Opelika hotel is truly a home away from home with the friendliest staff in town.
Our hotel was recently updated as of July 2013. We offer a complimentary on-site fitness room and free hot breakfast buffet. All guest rooms have been upgraded with new furniture and 40-inch LCD TVs. Our hotel location is close to the Auburn University®. We are close to the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and we have an outdoor seasonal pool which was also renovated in July 2013. Our hotel is close to a lot of major restaurants such as Longhorn Steakhouse®, Outback Steakhouse®, Olive Garden®, Buffalo Wild Wings®, and many others.
Hotels in Opelika are known for southern hospitality, but we take it a step further by making each guest feel like family. Whether you're here for an exciting game at the Jordan Hare Football Stadium or on business with the university, you deserve a cool, clean room that has top-notch amenities. Tiger Town Shopping Center is also in the neighborhood, making it easy to pick up the essentials.
Your Best Western Opelika has everything you need for a fantastic stay, even if you're here for business. Employees of Auburn University®, Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, , the East Alabama Medical Center, Benteler Automotive, Kia® Motor Company and Pharmavite® Vitamin Plant are just a few of our regular guests. Your commute will be quick and easy from our Opelika hotel, making business travel a breeze.
At your Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn, rest assured the new upgrades will have you staying in luxurious accommodations. We happily accommodate groups and are always on hand with tips and recommendations. From shopping and dining to some of the most legendary football games in the south, there’s something for everyone when staying at this Opelika hotel.
Book your upcoming stay at the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast Choice of cheese scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy, pancakes, breads, bagels, biscuits, croissants sweet pastries, three cereals, three fresh fruits, yogurt, juice and hot coffee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility Open from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Jogging track
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western auburn/opelika inn in Opelika.
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Conveniently located, the best western auburn/opelika inn in Opelika, Alabama is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.636275 / Latitude: -85.408339
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Chewacla State Park. Take Shell Toomer Parkway/CR-863 toward Wilderness Lane, one and one half miles, turn right onto S College Street/US-29/AL-15 two tenths mile. Merge onto Interstate 85 N/US-29 N/AL-15 N seven miles. Take the US-280 W exit,- Exit 58- toward Opelika, three tenths mile, turn left onto US-280 W/Gateway Drive/AL-38 W one and four tenths miles. Turn right onto Second Avenue one tenth mile. Turn right onto N 21st Street one tenth mile to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn.
From: Surf Side Water Park. Take S College Street/US-29/AL-15 toward Shell Toomer Parkway/CR-863, three tenths mile, merge onto Interstate 85 N/US-29 N/AL-15N. seven miles. Take the US-280 west exit, Exit 58, toward Opelika, three tenth mile, turn left onto US-280 W/Gateway Drive/AL-38 W one and four tenths miles. Turn right onto Second Avenue one tenth mile. Turn right onto N 21st Street one tenth mile to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn.
From: Walmart®. Travel east on Pepperell Parkway/AL-14 toward N 28TH Street, six tenths mile. Turn slight right onto Gateway Drive/US-280 E/AL-38 E. two tenths mile. Turn left onto Second Avenue one tenth mile. Turn right onto N 21st Street one tenth mile to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn.
From: Downtown Auburn. Travel east Glenn Avenue toward N Gay Street, one tenth miles, turn left onto N Gay Street one tenth mile. Turn slight right onto Opelika Road/AL14. Continue for three and seven tenths mile; turn right onto N 30th Street, four tenths mile. N 30th Street becomes First Avenue, four tenths mile. Turn left onto Second Avenue one tenth mile, to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn.
From: Tiger Town. Travel south on Enterprise Drive toward Frederick Road one tenth mile, turn left onto Frederick Road, two tenths miles, turn left onto Gateway Drive/US-280W/AL-38W. nine tenths mile. Turn left onto Second Avenue one tenth mile. Turn right onto N 21st Street one tenth mile to the Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn.
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Many travelers flock to Alabama for an exciting array of top college athletics. Aside from the wide range of historic sites, cultural must-see's, and a whole list excellent down South attractions, Alabama opens up a bevy of can't-miss college sports. Head for Auburn in the southern region of the state and check out the Auburn University Tigers compete.
On the Auburn University campus, be sure to check out Auburn Arena, home of the Auburn Tigers men's and women's basketball teams. Opened in 2010, Auburn Arena is a multi-use venue which can seat 9,121 fans. You can find Auburn Arena on the northern ridge of campus, adjacent to the Jordan-Hare Stadium.
An award winning course, the Auburn Links Golf Club is located in southern Alabama, just southwest of Opelika. Opened in 1992, the 18-hole course is owned by Hayley-Redd Development Company and is open year round to the public.
Auburn Links Golf Club hosts the annual NGA/Hooters Professional Tour, charity drives, and events put on by the Auburn Links Men’s Golf Association. Auburn Links also features equipment rentals, and a deck and clubhouse available for private parties.
Established in 1856, Auburn University is a public university set in southern Alabama near Opelika. AU has an enrollment of over 25,000 students and houses 14 colleges – all spread across the 1,843-acre campus.
As a member of the Southeastern Conference, Auburn University is home to 19 varsity teams known as the Auburn Tigers. Home games are hosted at venues like Jordan–Hare Stadium, the James E. Martin Aquatics Center, and the Auburn Arena.
Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist
Built in the late 1890s, the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church is located in southern Alabama in the capital city of Montgomery.
The church was where Martin Luther King Jr. officially became a pastor in 1945.
Given its historical significance, the church was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Today, visitors can attend services, take tours of the church, visit the King-Johns Garden, and peruse the Dexter Parsonage Museum.
Grand National Golf
Avid golfers love the 54-hole facility surrounding scenic Lake Saugahatchee – recently placed in the top 10 of affordable U.S. courses by Golf Digest.
Golfers take their pick from three courses – the Lake, which lines the banks of Lake Saugahatchee, the Links, one of the best on the trail, and the Short, featuring 18 one-shotters in view of the lake.
Commemorating the Creek War of 1814, Horseshow Bend National Military Park features over 2,000 acres of southern Alabama scenery. The park is located northwest of Opelika, and gets its namesake from the horseshoe bend along Tallapoosa River the park sits on.
Today, visitors can learn about the Creek War by viewing the orientation film, the Battle of Horseshoe Bend, in the visitor center's auditorium. Outdoor activities include the three-mile drive tour, hiking, picknikcing, and launching boats into the river at nearby Mill Bridge Boat Ramp.
Founded in 2002, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama is an assembly and manufacturing plant of the Hyundai Motor Company. HMMA is located in Montgomery in southern Alabama, and produces the Hyundai Sonata and Hyundai Elantra.
Hyundai’s first automobile factory in the United States, HMMA offers free tours of their advanced automotive plant. Guests may witness the floor where over 1,500 Hyundai cars are produced each business day – after stopping by the HMMA Visitor Center.
Home to the NCAA’s Auburn Tigers, Jordan-Hare Stadium is found on the Auburn University campus in southern Alabama – near Opelika. This 87,451-seat venue was completed in 1939 as Auburn Stadium, but has gone through numerous renovations since.
The complex is officially known as Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium, paying homage to historic Auburn football figures, Pat Dye, Cliff Hare, and Ralph "Shug" Jordan. During the fall, the stadium becomes a raccous home field advantage for the Tigers when they take on in-state rivals, the Alabama Crimson Tide.
Plymouth Lighthouse at Children's Harbor
Set on Highway 63, Plymouth Lighthouse is found at Children's Harbor – a non-profit organization located in southern Alabama.
A retreat facility for special needs families, Children’s Harbor is set on Lake Martin – host to the historic lighthouse at Providence Point.
A replica of the famed New England lighthouse of the same name, Alabama’s Plymouth Lighthouse was built in 1989 – and dedicated to Adelia M. Russell in 1990.
Set near the Kowaliga Bridge, Plymouth Tower clocks in at approximately 36 feet, with a 39-foot focal plane.
Children’s Harbor is open year 'round, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. till 4:30 p.m.
Baseball's heritage runs deep in the American South. While many of the top pro teams are found on either of the coasts, there's a wealth of excellent and exciting baseball to be seen, especially in Alabama. Make plans to visit the Heart of Dixie and venture into the southern region where you'll find Auburn.
Be sure to visit Samford Stadium during your stay in Auburn for exciting Auburn Tigers baseball. Officially known as Samford Stadium – Hitchcock Field at Plainsman Park, this venue has hosted Auburn Tigers baseball since 1950. It seats 4,096 fans, and has been rated as the Best College Baseball Venue in the America by Baseball America.
Covering 130 acres, the Tiger Town Shopping Center is located in southeastern Alabama in the city of Opelika. Set at the juncture of Interstate 85 and Highway 280, Tiger Town is over 800,000 square feet – making it the largest retail shopping center in eastern Alabama.
Anchor stores at the Tiger Town Shopping Center include Best Buy, Home Depot, Kirkland's, Target, TJ Maxx, Petco, and much more. The shopping center also houses a variety of chain restaurants, like Buffalo Wild Wings, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Olive Garden.
Located in Alabama's southern region, the Tuskegee Airmen Historic Site is the original birthplace of the legendary Tuskegee Airmen. The site is southwest of Opelika, near the Tuskegee National Forest, and it includes two hangar museums, wayside exhibits, ranger-led programs, and more – all showcasing the legacy of one of the first equal-opportunity ventures in the United States.
Schedule time to visit the Hangar #1 and #2 Museum – both house two World War II-era training aircraft and exhibits on the sights and sounds of the Airmen's training days at Moton Field. Don't forget to view video and wayside exhibits or stop by the annual fly-ins, held on Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Preserving the legacy of the Tuskegee Institute, the Tuskegee Institute National Historic Site includes the historic campus on Tuskegee University, the home of Booker T. Washington, and the George Washington Carver Museum. Take a tour of the historic district and see beautiful brick buildings designed and built by Tuskegee Institute students.
Free ranger-guided tours of Booker T. Washington's home, also known as "The Oaks", are freely available Tuesday through Saturday at certain hours. During other times, visitors round out their trip and pay a visit to the George Washington Carver Museum, which houses exhibits and interpretive programs of one of America's most famous inventors. The district is located southwest of Opelika in southern Alabama.
Plan your next adventure through Alabama. Many visitors enjoy the wide range of festivals found throughout Alabama, there's a lot of excellent racing in Talladega, and golfers are sure to check out the RTJ Golf Trail. While you're visiting the southern region of AL, don't miss an outdoor adventure at Wind Creek State Park.
Found in Alexander City, Wind Creek SP is a short drive from nearby Opelika. With it's impressive size – 1,445 exceptional acres – Wind Creep SP offers plenty for the whole family. Enjoy a bite to eat at the Fork in the Road Comfort Grill, check out miles of hiking trails, and call ahead about their annual fishing tournaments.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 6.00 mile(s) from Jordan-Hare (AU) Stadium, Auburn University Football Stadium Free Shuttle pickup to stadium at lobby for all home games
- 11.70 mile(s) from Chewacla State Park
- 28.97 mile(s) from Lake Martin, Dadeville, AL
- 43.51 mile(s) from Wind Creek State Park, Wind Creek State Park at Lake Martin
- 21.40 mile(s) from Tuskegee National Forest, National Park Service
- 22.78 mile(s) from Historic Moton Field, Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site
- 25.92 mile(s) from Tuskegee Institute, Tuskegee Institute National Historic Site
- 42.40 mile(s) from Callaway Gardens
- 36.00 mile(s) from Quincy's 777 Casino, Victoryland
- 52.73 mile(s) from Creek Casino Montgomery
- 1.17 mile(s) from Tigertown Shopping Center, East Alabama's biggest retail center located in Opelika, AL. TigerTown is a 130-acre mixed-use development serving the Auburn-Opelika and east Alabama area. It is east Alabama's largest retail center.
- 2.74 mile(s) from Village Mall, Village Mall is a regional shopping mall located in Auburn, Alabama, United States, and combines traditional mall shopping with village streetscape shopping. The mall has a gross leasable area of 527,000 square feet (49,000 m2). The anchor stores are Belk, Dillard's, JCPenney and Sears.
- 4.35 mile(s) from USA Town Center, USA Factory Outlet Mall is your one stop place to shop in Auburn and Opelika, Alabama. Located off Interstate-85 Exit 62. Stores include: Children's Apparel, Women's Apparel, Furniture Warehouse, Home Décor/Design Store, Kitchen Goods, And even American Grill, a buffet style or off the menu dining experience.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 6.10 mile(s) from Grand National RTJ Golf, Minutes away from the PGA Tour Barbasol Championship event at the Robert Trent Jones Grand National Golf Course
- 6.60 mile(s) from Robert Trent Jones, Grand National Golf Course
- 6.70 mile(s) from Jordan Hare Stadium
- 6.80 mile(s) from Opelika Sports Complex
- 9.20 mile(s) from Auburn Links, Golf Course
- Adjacent to Honeybaked Ham Company, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Taco Bell, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Outback Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from O' Charleys, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Logan's Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Papa John's Pizza, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Longhorn's Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golden Corral, buffet, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Moe's Southwest Grill, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Marble Slab Creamery, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Arby's, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chick-fil-A, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Quiznos Subs, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chilis, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Applebee's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.30 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Zaxby's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.50 mile(s) from Panera Bread, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.50 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.75 mile(s) from Shogun Japanese Steak, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Opelika. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean